Eurospares provide a 30-day warranty on all parts we supply at no additional charge.
Unless described otherwise, the warranty confirms that the parts covered are in working order and free from defects and will remain as such until the warranty period ends.
If you don’t think that 30 days is enough and would like to extend this warranty period, then that’s not a problem at all. The warranty period can be extended during the checkout period or by contacting our offices prior to parts being despatched.
In addition to the warranty we offer, all (genuine) new parts are also covered by the manufacturer warranty in accordance with their terms and conditions (visit the manufacturer website for more details).
Just so you know, the Eurospares warranty period starts from the date the parts are invoiced and despatched and once initiated cannot be extended.
If a warranted part is found to be defective within the warranty period, then once a claim has been submitted and accepted, we will issue a full refund for the part in question.
Below are the full details so please ensure to take time to read them as these are the terms and conditions you will be bound by with regards to our spare part warranty.
Terms & Conditions
Eurospares (Continental Parts) Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 01895506 and with a registered office address of Winghams House 9 Freeport Office Village, Century Drive, Braintree, Essex, England, CM77 8YG (“Eurospares” or “us” or “we” or any other similar terms), provides the following warranty to its customers (“you”) depending on whether they are a business customer or an individual consumer customer (as applicable):
Business Customer Warranty
- 1.1Eurospares warrants that, subject to the conditions and limitations set out within this document, all parts provided to you by Eurospares which are confirmed as being goods for the avoidance of doubt (“products” and/or “part(s)”) (unless otherwise specified either in writing or otherwise by Eurospares or in any literature of Eurospares whatsoever) shall, on delivery and for a period of 6 or 12 months (whichever is selected) from the date of delivery (“warranty period”):
- conform in all material respects with their description and any relevant specification; and
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
- 1.2 Subject to clause 1.3, if:
- you give us notice in writing during the warranty period within a reasonable time of discovery that a product does not comply with the warranty set out in clause 1.1;
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such product; and
- you return such product to us,
we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective product, or refund the price of the defective product in full.
- 1.3We will not be liable for a product's failure to comply with the warranty in clause 1.1 if:
- you make any further use of such product after giving a notice in accordance with clause 1.2(a);
- the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the product or (if there are none) good trade practice;
- the defect arises as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification supplied by you;
- you alter or repair the product without our written consent; or
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal working conditions.
- 1.4Except as provided in this document, we shall have no liability to you in respect of a product's failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 1.1.
- 1.5These terms shall apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us under clause 1.2.
Individual Customer Warranty
- 1.1If you are an individual consumer customer then for most products bought online or otherwise that from our premises directly, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- 1.2If you are a consumer we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this warranty, subject to the conditions and limitations set out within this document.
- 1.3Your obligation to return rejected products and/or faulty products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products or should the products be faulty you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 01787 477169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a return label or to arrange collection.
General terms covering Business and Individual Consumer.
The following terms apply to both the warranty provided to business customers of Eurospares and the warranty provided to individual consumer customers of Eurospares as set out above:
- This guarantee is limited to the initial cost of the part purchased (excluding taxes, delivery and any associated charges) and is limited to a single claim only.
- All engines are warranted against cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive smoking, and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated.
- The engine you have purchased must have new manufacturer recommended oil and filter installed upon installation and 3000 miles thereafter, failing which any and all warranties will be void immediately.
- Gaskets and seals should be checked and in good working order or replaced on a purchased engine. This warranty only extends to internally lubricated parts and the housing on drive train parts. It does not cover bolt on parts, manifolds, fuel injections, oil pans, brackets, water pumps, flywheels, sensors, wires, ignition, gaskets, seals, distributor, computers, etc. unless already attached to the engine, or purchased from Eurospares and the relevant optional Warranty purchased.
- In the event of a part failure, it may be necessary to inspect the part in the vehicle before removal or the warranty will be void immediately if the part is removed without inspection or if inspection is not permitted.
- Transmissions are warranted to be in good working order against slippage or shifting failures.
- Transmissions must have seals checked and in good working order or replaced, filter and new oil to manufacturer recommended specification fitted upon installation into vehicle, failing which any and all warranties will be void immediately.
- Engines and transmissions installed must have proper capacity cooling systems, and be flushed upon installation, failing which any and all warranties will be void immediately.
- All fluid levels must be maintained to the correct level at all times for the warranty to be valid, failing which any and all warranties will be void immediately.
- All warranty claims must be presented to Eurospares within the warranty period for this warranty to be valid.
- Eurospares at its option, may replace the parts, repair the parts or refund the original purchase price. The cost of the part purchased only and no other associated parts or labour will be refunded.
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty. Consequential, indirect or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the expressed warranties herein, there shall be no warranties expressed or implied including merchantability and fitness for use on the product sold.
- This warranty is not transferable upon sale of the vehicle to a new owner.
- This warranty does not cover failure if parts are used in connection with racing, competition or track days and if so used, any and all warranties will be void immediately.
- This warranty does not cover charges relating to vehicle recovery or storage as a result of parts failure or any other consequential losses.
- Vehicle body frame must be in a fit state prior to the instillation of all body parts.
- Any structural part must be fitted using manufacture approved jigs and repair methods.
- If you believe the part is faulty, Eurospares will authorise a return. Upon receipt of the item, Eurospares will complete a test report. If the part is not found to be faulty, all charges related to the return shipping (including but not limited to delivery, import charges, taxes or customs fees) will be passed onto the customer along with any charges associated with returning the item back to the customer.
- No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of the warranty provided within this document.
- Improper installation will void any and all warranty/warranties.
- Eurospares reserve the right to have the vehicle and or parts inspected. Any external inspection must be carried out by a person deemed to be an expert in the field.
- Except to the extent expressly stated above, all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- We shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract, warranty or otherwise between us.
- Our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the price of the part in which the issue in question arises directly in respect of.
- The warranty will be void if the Eurospares security tag has been removed without prior agreement from Eurospares.
- Any unauthorised returns will be rejected.
- Eurospares reserves the right to refuse to provide a warranty at their discretion.